    charging then switches to green. There is always a light on. Please let me
    know if this is normal. I've heard some cameras have a chip so generic
    batteries don't work. Thanks.

    GS, Nov 3, 2005

  2. GS

    Rina Guest

    I recently bought a couple of spare batteries for my SD 450 from
    http://sterlingtek.com/ , they seem to work just as the original did...
    amber, then green light on charger, light stays on. The camera is new and I
    haven't had a chance to work with both batteries long enough to make a
    comparison of number of shots etc. but the camera does function with the
    generic battery.

    Rina

    Rina, Nov 3, 2005