Canon SD 110 memory card problem and error E50 or E51

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by me, May 21, 2004.

  1. me

    me Guest

    The [Memory card error!] message appears on the LCD monitor when the
    camera is powered on in Shooting mode.
    Image replay is impossible.
    Memory card size is 3.8 in display when in reality I have tried 16MB and
    256 MB
    The [E50] message appears on the LCD monitor when you try to format the
    SD card in the camera and formatting fails.
    I have 2 SD 110 cameras and I can repeat this problem with both of them
    !!!!!

    This a clear BUG

    European version IXUS II has a download fix for this but I have not
    tried this yet. I have also reported this to Canon tech support and
    waiting for answer.
    download:
    http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/ixus2/ixus2_firmware-e.html
    techsupport: