    anyone happen to have a scan of photo printed with a bad head so I can
    see what it looks like?

    Regards

    deja, Feb 14, 2005

  2. deja

    Dan G Guest

    Get a cleaning kit like the one from www.inkjetsaver.com. There are ink
    passages between the tank and the head that clog causing the symptoms you
    see. The cleaning cycles do not clear these passages. Do not use the printer
    in this condition or you may well cook the heads. And, never leave a ink
    tank out of the printer for more than a few minutes.

    http://www.inkjetsaver.com/clean.html

    Dan G, Feb 14, 2005

  3. deja

    rafe bustin Guest

    If you can't get a good nozzle check
    then you will get horizontal banding.

    If all your ink carts have ink (ie.
    none are empty) then chances are the
    head has gone bad. Canon heads are
    replaceable, but I don't know if the
    head on an 820D is worth replacing.

    Might be worth a visit to Canon's
    website or a call to their 800 support
    line.

    rafe b.
    http://www.terrapinphoto.com

    rafe bustin, Feb 14, 2005
  4. deja

    deja Guest

    How do I know it just needs a cleaning kit as opposed to it needing to
    be
    replaced?

    BTW - it seems the more I clean the heads (deep clean) the worse result
    get with the nozzle check (just Magenta gets worse, all other colors
    look
    good).

    Regards

    deja, Feb 15, 2005
  5. deja

    Dan G Guest

    The clog is getting worse and worse the more you use it. Keep using it and
    the head is fried, if it's not already.

    Dan G, Feb 15, 2005
  6. deja

    Crhoff Guest

    Are you using Canon ink? Based on my past experience magenta seems to cause
    the most trouble. Cleaning kit is cheaper than a new head if it's not to
    late

    Crhoff, Feb 15, 2005