    the Ixus 40 is a better camera whilst others say that the picture quality of
    the Ixus 500 is considerably better. Any comments on either or both models
    would be gratefully received!

    Bardo, Dec 8, 2004

  2. Bardo

    information Guest

    The 500 is quite a bit larger and is not an all metal body as far as I
    know. Those are two differences which you might take into
    consideration.

    information, Jan 22, 2005

  3. Bardo

    mort Guest

    My S500 is an all-metal body, and it is the same size as my Elph 2 APS
    film camera, albeit half an ounce (14 grams) heavier.
    Morton

    mort, Jan 22, 2005
  4. Bardo

    information Guest