    probably get the s50 for a cheaper price than the a80. I'm going to be
    travelling outside the country in the future and I'm not sure what type of
    prints i'll be using. But just curious which way I should go on this...thanks.

    BeanMan21, Jan 8, 2004

  2. BeanMan21

    BeanMan21 Guest

    note: I'm not going to be planning on buying a better flash or lens or
    anything, so don't take that into consideration

    BeanMan21, Jan 8, 2004

  3. BeanMan21

    SRA Guest

    SRA, Jan 8, 2004
  4. The Canon DSLR's produce images that are competitive if not better than 4000
    dpi film scans. All digital cameras produce images much like slide film in
    35mm cameras. In other words, you have to be a bit more careful with your
    exposure settings. However, if you learn read the histogram in the DSLR
    preview LCD, it's a piece of cake to get the right exposure. Just take a
    couple of test shots if you are in contrasty lighting before you shoot your
    keepers. See a comparison between Canon 10D images and 35mm Provia F film
    and 4X5 Velvia film scans at http://www.sphoto.com/techinfo/dslrvsfilm.htm
    This article has lots of comparison images.

    Cheers,
    Steve Hoffmann
    http://www.sphoto.com

    Photo Gallery & Digital Imaging Information

    this...thanks.

    Steve Hoffmann, Jan 8, 2004