    was just the lens seating itself.

    Could someone who owns an S50 try theirs and tell me if yours does it too?

    Rick

    Richard Blaine, Nov 8, 2003

  2. Richard Blaine

    Kid Guest

    Mine is a Canon S45 which I believe uses the body and lens assemply as the
    S50. I can hear a soft "click" as the lens seats itself during the
    retraction process.

    Kid, Nov 8, 2003

  3. Thanks Kid.

    Anyone else have a line on this issue?

    Rick

    Richard Blaine, Nov 9, 2003
  4. Richard Blaine

    TigerMoon Guest

    My S50 makes the same sound when the lens is retracting. I'm not sure
    why, but I've never had any problems with it. BTW, the S50 is a great
    p/s.
    TigerMoon

    TigerMoon, Nov 9, 2003
  5. Richard Blaine

    Shane Badham Guest

    I got the S45 in June this year and I have been very pleased with it. I
    saw an S50 at the time I bought the S45 (which I decided was as many
    pixels as I needed). On remarking about the S50 the store assisant
    steered me awy from it. I forget the reason, but it reinforced my
    decision.

    I have had no odd noises from my S45, only the expected "wizz" as the
    servo retracts the lens.

    Shane Badham, Nov 12, 2003
  6. Richard Blaine

    John Guest

    I have a new S50 I had picked up and love, and I also have no clunking
    or thunking noises. Just the "wizz" sound as noted above.

    John, Nov 12, 2003