    really. It's just a purple, distorted mess. Any insight?

    Thanks.
    Kevin

    k-man, Sep 17, 2007

  2. k-man

    Bates Guest

    Dunno - could be the sensor - it's on the list of affected models....

    http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/c...Act&keycode=2112&fcategoryid=221&modelid=9828

    Free fix I believe.

    Bates....

    Bates, Sep 17, 2007

  3. k-man

    Bruce. Guest

    Sounds like a gone bad sensor. In addtion to the link Bates posted, check
    the images here:

    http://www.imaging-resource.com/badccds.html

    Bruce.

    Bruce., Sep 18, 2007
  4. k-man

    k-man Guest

    k-man, Sep 18, 2007
  5. k-man

    k-man Guest

    The description fits. I didn't know about that advisory.

    Thanks!
    Kevin

    k-man, Sep 18, 2007
  6. k-man

    k-man Guest

    Bates, Bruce:

    Thanks for the reply. We got the camera back from Canon today and it
    is FIXED and was repaired FREE. Using their terminology on the work
    order, they said that they replaced the optical assembly. The camera
    came back clean as a whistle and is as good as new. Nice. Thanks
    very much for the information.

    Kevin

    k-man, Oct 9, 2007
  7. k-man

    Bates Guest

    Hey Kevin,

    Great news. Good to hear they honoured their word to fix the recalled
    camera. Way better than having to pay to fix it or have it replaced.

    Bates....

    Bates, Oct 9, 2007
  8. k-man

    Bruce. Guest