    signs of use.

    Is this normal? I haven't been hard on my camera - actually quite the
    opposite.

    Lucas Tam, Aug 24, 2003

  2. Lucas Tam

    Lucas Tam Guest

    According to Canon, it's a "Modern Jewel".

    Well, I have a flawed one now!!! Ha Ha... anyone know of the proper paint
    to fix it?

    Lucas Tam, Aug 24, 2003

  3. Lucas Tam

    xyz Guest

    I have heard some people mention this. I have used my S400 quite a
    bit and the case still looks very new. When my S400 is not in use I
    have it in a Lowepro bag.

    xyz, Aug 24, 2003
  4. Yes. Some of them appear to wear pretty rapidly. I've had mine several
    months, used it a lot under pretty grueling conditions hiking and
    motorcycling. Not a mark on it.

    Bad batch of Cerebrite? (say, what IS cerebrite anyway? a googl;e search
    only turns up the S400 page)

    HMc

    Howard McCollister, Aug 24, 2003
  5. Lucas Tam

    Markeau Guest

    I can hardly believe Canon used that exterior finish. My ~6yr old
    Canon Elph APS (almost exact same formfactor and size) with metal case
    has not been babied at all and it shows very little wear. In fact, I
    typically carry it in my pants pocket with keys and change. The
    reported finish probs won't keep me from getting an S400 within the
    next few days, but it is disconcerting nonetheless.

    Markeau, Aug 24, 2003
  6. Lucas Tam

    ajacobs2 Guest

    Well you jst spotted the difference between Canon and Nikon owners. The
    Canon owners would take it in stride and not care at all that their hundreds
    of dollars got them a cheap paint job and the Nikon owners would be in
    Garden City throwing rocks at Nikons front doors with their Lawyers
    watching! Just a quaetion of attitude!

    ajacobs2, Aug 24, 2003