    I have a Canon 300D. Can anyone give me advise.

    Thanks,

    Winston

    Winston van Dijk, Jan 2, 2004

  2. Winston van Dijk

    Banjopikr1 Guest

    Who can tel me the difference between the RC5 and RC1.

    The RC-5 is mainly a remote shutter release.
    The RC-1 offers a 2 second delay and the ability to lock the shutter opened for
    bulb pics.
    The RS-60E3 wired remote also allows to lock the shutter opened.
    Canon sells the RC-5 for $22.00, the RC-1 for $25.00 and the RS-60E3 for
    $25.00.
    Its a toss up. Depends on your needs.

    Ken

    Banjopikr1, Jan 2, 2004

  3. Winston van Dijk

    Riley Guest

    The Canon RC-5 remote control is intended for taking self portraits. It
    only works in the self-timer mode. After pressing the RC-5 release button
    there is a delay of 2 seconds so that you have time to conceal the remote
    before the picture is taken.

    The Canon RC-1 remote trips the shutter immediately, as a cable release
    would do. Note however that the remote control sensor on the 300D is
    located on the front of the camera (again, for self portraits). I find it
    more convenient to use the RS-60 wired remote release switch.

    Riley, Jan 2, 2004
  4. Winston van Dijk

    Phil Guest

    I think you have the RC-5 and RC-1 reversed in this. My RC-1 works the
    way you describe the RC-5.

    Phil

    Phil, Jan 2, 2004
  5. Winston van Dijk

    Banjopikr1 Guest

    I think you have the RC-5 and RC-1 reversed in this.

    He does have it reversed.The RC-1 offers the 2 sec delay.

    Ken

    Banjopikr1, Jan 3, 2004
  6. Winston van Dijk

    CARBUFF Guest

    He does have it reversed.The RC-1 offers the 2 sec delay.
    Right and I thought its purpose was to lock the mirror up 2 seconds before the
    shutter fires as to avoid any camera shake associated with the mirror movement.

    George

    CARBUFF, Jan 3, 2004
  7. Winston van Dijk

    Bruce Graham Guest

    My RC1 has several modes.

    Near the trigger button is a 3 position switch

    2
    dot centre position

    I have a film body (EOS30) and the operation may be a bit different on
    some others.

    The remote is locked unless the self timer drive mode is selected.

    Normally, the centre "dot" position fires the shutter immediately and the
    "2" position offers a 2 sec delay.

    Selecting an EOS30 custom function for mirror lock up, the functions
    change. The "dot" position locks up the mirror and a second press of the
    RC1 trigger button trips the shutter. In the "2" position a single press
    of the RC1 button immediately locks up the mirror then fires the shuuter
    2 sec later.

    Bruce Graham, Jan 3, 2004
  8. Thanks for the answers on my question.
    I bouth the RC-1 for ?25 and it works good with the Canon 300D.

    Winston

    Winston van Dijk, Jan 7, 2004