    on mainly shooting for 8X10 and smaller, with maybe something
    occasionally bigger. Any other huge differences that I should be aware of?

    Thanks for your input.

    MH, May 11, 2007

  2. I'd go for the XTi for two reasons.

    1. Although the 300D was really easy to use, Canon changed the user
    interface to use more menus on the XT, and it got lots of complaints in the
    reviews. Inversely, in the XTi, it sounds as though Canon managed to make
    the UI a lot better. According to the reviews.

    2. These things tend to get faster (file save times, time from shot to image
    displayed on the screen, time to display a reviewed image, and the like) at
    each generation, and the 300D was grossly slow. So I'd guess the Xti would
    be faster than the XT. (Check out the reviews, though: this is just a guess.
    But after using the 5D, I find the 300D unusably slow.)
    The difference is small, but gives you a bit more room for cropping before
    quality all goes to hell.

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    David J. Littleboy, May 11, 2007