    lost a lot of detail. I can't imagine that I'll need to manually fix
    all these photos to get them to the quality that appeared on the
    screan.

    mar10hans, Sep 27, 2003

  2. I've noticed on my 10D that the LCD seems to show pictures brighter than
    they are... they is why it is important to pay attention to the histogram
    and make sure the exposure is good. You can always easily edit it (using
    Adjust Levels) in Photoshop Elements too.. just make sure it is not that far
    off because the more you have to adjust levels, the more extreme the
    side-effects of doing so become.

    Albert Wiersch, Sep 27, 2003

  3. mar10hans

    Jim Townsend Guest

    Before doing anything, make sure your monitor is correctly calibrated.. Don't
    forget that the brightness of you camera display is adjustable and so is your
    monitor. They obviously have to be set equally to get the same brightness in
    both.

    If your monitor is set to a low brightness value and your camera display is set
    up high.. Images will look bright on the camera and dark on the monitor..

    Next.. The camera flash is only good for about 10 feet at ISO 100-200. If the
    dog was further away, it's normal for things over 10 feet away to look dark..
    You'll need an external speedlight if you want to go much over 10 Feet..

    If your monitor is OK and the subject was within the flash distance, then
    consider using flash compensation to brighten things up..

    Jim Townsend, Sep 27, 2003