    camera? There is no information on Canon's website regarding this, which I
    thought was strange.

    Thanks.

    Sseaott, Jun 22, 2004

  2. There's probably no limit.

    Cameras that use MMC media have a maximum size card, because the card is
    just bulk storage with the controller in the camera, and the controller
    is designed for up to a certain maximum size.

    But SD cards, like CF cards, behave like a disk drive and have their own
    on-board controller. So they're not affected by the same limit as MMC.

    Some older Canon cameras couldn't use a single card larger than 2 GB
    because that's the limit for the FAT16 file system. But all recent
    Canons, starting with the G3, can handle FAT32 and thus essentially
    unlimited file size.

    Dave

    Dave Martindale, Jun 25, 2004