    that is driving me nuts. I have missed several shots because of it. Is
    there a setting to bypass this so when I push the button it just takes
    the dang picture?

    Goldlexus, Feb 6, 2005

  2. Goldlexus

    Terence Gui Guest

    Considering that "1st Stage" is used to achieve focus, you may not be too
    happy with all the blurry/out-of-focus shots you end up with if you simply
    pushed the shutter button all the way at the outset everytime you take a
    picture :p

    An alternative is using the manual focus of your A85 and setting it to the
    hyperfocal distance (check out this link:
    http://www.dofmaster.com/dofjs.html). However, since the A85 doesn't have
    any custom modes, this may be difficult to setup easily.

    I know that in general, P&S digicams aren't that great in focusing in
    difficult lighting situations, but out of curiousity, what kind of camera
    did you use before? All the cameras I've used (both 35mm and digital P&S)
    have employed this method of composing a shot i.e. half-press to
    compose/focus then all the way to shoot.

    Terence

    Terence Gui, Feb 6, 2005

  3. Goldlexus

    99windstar Guest

    This is my second digital camera. My first one was Fujifilm Finepix 1300 1.3
    megapixal. It doesn't have this two stage shutter button. Never had a blurry
    picture with it. Just point and shoot.
    I am starting to get a little use to the shutter button. Still missing some
    shots but not as many.
    goldlexus

    99windstar, Feb 6, 2005