    the camera actualy takes the picture.

    Hope you understand what I mean,

    thanks in advance,

    M&M&P, Nov 2, 2003

  2. I can not compare to other cameras (it's my first digital camera) but I find
    it to be pretty slow to my liking. I missed a couple of shots because I did
    not take in consideration the delay.

    I am considering a 35mm for sports shots, I'll digitalize the pictures using
    my scanner.... The A80 is too slow for hoackey action.

    World Traveler, Nov 2, 2003

  3. This almost certainly depends a great deal on a number of your choices:
    whether you are in manual or autofocus (autofocus takes significant
    time), whether the flash is used or not (the preflash to measure
    exposure takes time), whether you're using the LCD to preview the image
    (switching from preview to shooting mode takes the camera some time).

    If you shoot manual focus, manual exposure, and with preview display
    turned off (using the optical finder), the response will be a lot faster
    than in auto-everything mode using the LCD. Pretty much every P&S
    digicam is slow at autofocusing compared to autofocus SLRs.

    Dave

    Dave Martindale, Nov 3, 2003