    i've recently ordered a Canon A80 and noticed it comes with a 32mb card.

    does anyone know how many pictures that will hold? and does anyone
    recommend a better card to get?

    kenneth_lad, Feb 22, 2004

  2. kenneth_lad

    GLC1173 Guest

    Yeah - the biggest one the A80 will take - at least up to 256MB. The big
    cards don't slow down higher-end digicams - and give you a lot more flexibility
    if you store at high resolution setting.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    <B>Dissident news - plus immigration, gun rights, nationwide weather
    <I><A HREF="http://www.alamanceind.com">ALAMANCE INDEPENDENT:
    official newspaper of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy</A></b></i>

    GLC1173, Feb 22, 2004

  3. kenneth_lad

    kjk Guest

    Go to . . .

    http://search.ebay.com/ws/search/SaleSearch?basicsearch=&from=R10&ht=1
    &sasaleclass=2&satitle=%2bcompactflash+%2b256&socurrencydisplay=1
    &sosortproperty=1&sotimedisplay=2

    . . . and buy a 256MB. I recently got a new Sandisk 256 CF there for
    my Canon G5. $47.95 + $7.95 S&H. At 5Mpx and medium quality JPEG it
    holds 177 pictures. It will hold more on your 4Mpx A80. At those
    prices there's no sense in having to worry about running out of space.

    Ken

    kjk, Feb 22, 2004
  4. I also got a a80 few month ago. i ordered 256MB lexar media's pro series
    CF card. it comes with its own jumpshot card reader. The price is $70
    before a $15 mail in rebate. i recommend this card as i'm really happy
    with its perfomance.

    the card is 40x, but it does not help much in the camera as the camera
    hardware does not support the WA technology, but you do get a faster
    transfer rate to yout computer if you use the jumpshot cable. The card
    has a life time warranty and aslo comes with ImageRescue software which
    i'vent tried to use.

    link to the card on BH Video's web site: http://tinyurl.com/3gzbw

    @ 2272x1704 resolution and compression setting Fine, i get around 250
    picures. If i up the compression to Super Fine, the number of images
    falls to 130 or so.

    as a rule of thumb, at the max resolution with fine setting on a80, you
    need 1 +/- 0.3 mb per picture.

    your milage may vary accoding to your compression/resolution setting.

    /V

    Venkat Venkataraju, Feb 23, 2004
  5. kenneth_lad

    kenneth_lad Guest