    Panasonic DMC-LZ2.

    I've read the online reports and test results. But now, I'm looking for some
    reports from you!

    bbford, Aug 6, 2005

  2. bbford

    Blob Guest

    Bought an A520 about a week ago. First impression was that it's smaller
    and lighter than I thought it would be. A good thing, in my book. The
    controls and menu layout are well-designed and intuitive, compared with
    various Sony cameras that I've used (DSC-F55, DSC-V1, DSC-T1, DSC-T3).
    Easier to use, much less fumbling, especially outside of Auto mode.

    The quality of the images is very good -- well-exposed and colours are
    bright and smooth. The B&W mode produces good results. While I avoided
    the B&W mode on Sony cameras (preferring the channel mixer), I will be
    using it on my A520.

    One thing I liked on the Sony DSC-V1 was the realtime display of
    under/over-exposure info. On the A520, this is shown to you only after
    you press the shutter button half-way. However, it hasn't been a big
    problem, as the LCD is bright and well calibrated, so I've been able to
    predict exposure easily.

    The Stitch Assist function, together with the PhotoStitch software,
    works very well.

    Flash recycling is slow. OTOH, the Indoor Scene program is excellent for
    casual party snaps, as it prefers large apertures over firing the flash.

    Overall, I'm quite pleased with it. It's a camera that you want to pick
    up and use.

    Detailed info:
    http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/psa520/overview-e.html

    Blob, Aug 6, 2005