    using Windows Explorer, Total Commander... or any other file system
    tool -- without using Canon's ZoomBrowserEx which can be quite time
    consuming sometimes?

    Scorpius, Sep 11, 2003

  2. It gets recognized by XP under Camera and Scanners. You could use the TWAIN
    import feature of most Graphic programs to retrieve images. I just bought a
    CF reader, and that gets recognized as removable storage.

    --

    regards,
    Michael Abbaticchio

    Michael A. Abbaticchio, Sep 11, 2003

  3. Probably not. I have used an A200 and a G2, and they simply do not
    behave as a removable storage device when connected to the USB bus.

    You have two choices, really. If you just hate ZoomBrowser, you can use
    the free Breeze Downloader to transfer data from camera to computer.
    However, this probably isn't going to speed things up any.

    On the other hand, if you get a CF card reader, that *will* appear as an
    ordinary removable disk drive in Explorer. It will also probably be
    faster than connecting directly to the camera.

    If your computer has a USB 2.0 port, try to get a card reader that is
    USB 2 "high speed" rated. That should be able to transfer data as fast
    as the card is capable of. Don't be fooled by "USB 2 full speed" -
    that's just the same speed as USB 1.

    Dave

    Dave Martindale, Sep 12, 2003