    that segment of the scanner allowing it to see the negs.

    This scanner is going back as I have had it for 2 weeks
    and use it for about 20 minutes.

    coffeecrew, Oct 29, 2006

  2. It sounds like one segment of either the light source or the sensor has
    died. On these scanners, both sensor and light source are full platen
    width.

    Dave

    Dave Martindale, Oct 31, 2006

  3. coffeecrew

    Sandy Barrie Guest

    Hi,

    Have you tried resetting the scanner preferences. It may have the
    prefferences set to scan only a selected area, that may have once been
    selected, and now may have been set in as a standard settings somehow.

    Either reset the scanneer prefferences, ro dump the scanner driver and
    re install.

    as with most of these scanners the platen ligt source covers the entire
    width, and if the full light is on (lift the lid and look while doing a
    scan) then there is not a problem with the light.

    if it is recording part of the image, but not all. then it is more
    likely to be a selection/preference that has been 'set in as a standard
    preference' somewhere along the line.

    If the chip were faulty then there would be no image recorded...

    Regards

    Sandy

    Sandy Barrie, Oct 31, 2006