    Is that because it's just new or being replaced?

    Martin
    ©¿©¬

    Martin ©¿©¬ , Mar 25, 2005

  2. Martin ©¿©¬

    Dave Lear Guest

    Martin wrote in message
    The LiDE35 is fairly new and is still available...
    http://www.canon.co.uk/for_home/product_finder/scanners/flatbed/canoscan_lide_35/index.asp

    But the sites you've been looking at are probably going out of stock of the
    LiDE 50 because it has gone end of life - it's marked as an "archived
    product" on Canon's site...
    http://www.canon.co.uk/for_home/product_finder/scanners/flatbed/lide50/index.asp

    If you want something similar to the LiDE 50 you'd need to look at...

    CanoScan LiDE 80
    http://www.canon.co.uk/for_home/product_finder/scanners/flatbed_with_film_scanning/lide_80/index.asp

    CanoScan LiDE 500F
    http://www.canon.co.uk/for_home/pro...with_film_scanning/canoscanlide500f/index.asp

    Dave Lear, Mar 25, 2005

  3. Martin ©¿©¬

    Jerry G. Guest

    Usally the higher model number is the most advanced. You should call Canon
    sales directly to get a proper answer!

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry G.
    ============

    Jerry G., Mar 25, 2005
  4. Thanks for your reply Dave
    Do u think that the 50 would be a better buy as opposed to the 35 in
    regard to its scanning ability, even though it's marked as "archived

    I don't want a film scanner

    Martin
    ©¿©¬

    Martin ©¿©¬ , Mar 25, 2005
  5. Martin ©¿©¬

    Dave Lear Guest

    Martin wrote in message
    Well, reading the product specifications...

    http://www.canon.co.uk/for_home/product_finder/scanners/flatbed/canoscan_lide_35/index.asp?specs=1
    http://www.canon.co.uk/for_home/product_finder/scanners/flatbed/lide50/index.asp?specs=1

    ....they seem almost identical but the LiDE50 is marginally better. I'd guess
    it comes down to the price differential between the two of them and the fact
    that the LiDE50 has already gone end of life whereas the LiDE35 hasn't. If
    they're similar price I'd be tempted to go for the one that's not end of
    life.

    Dave Lear, Mar 25, 2005
  6. Such enthusiasm! :)

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 26, 2005
  7. Martin ©¿©¬

    JANA Guest

    The man has to have something positive to go on...

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Mar 26, 2005