Canon IXUS 500 USB connection problem on Windows 2000SP4.

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Ture Wise, Jun 23, 2004.

  1. Ture Wise

    Ture Wise Guest

    Hi,

    I have this new IXUS 500 camera and installed software from CD.
    Rebooted and connected camera, system installs drivers etc which seems
    OK. But when trying to start the application Camera Window, it fails.
    A small tray icon (right down corner of screen) is shown a short time
    and then disappears. There is no connection to the camera. Starting
    the Zoom Browser App shows error no camera found.

    I have upgraded the Canon TWAIN driver to 6.4.2 downloaded from Canon.
    (But when I check the driver version in Device Manager it is still
    6.4.0?)
    I have reinstalled and rebooted, removed my other USB devices etc.

    I run Windows 2000 SP4, on a 866Mhz Dell tower model with two fixed
    USB ports.

    Not so good. Anyone with the same experience?

    /Mikael

    Ture Wise, Jun 23, 2004