    MP and the ixus 2 is a 3.2 MP. Why are they about the same price ? Are
    they just as good ?
    Any help appreciated !!

    David J. Gilmour, Jul 17, 2003

  2. Hi Graham,

    I am gonna tour soon and will come to your place , promised :).

    Did you buy the new Ixus digital II camera ? And is this one worse than the Ixus
    400 which has a 4.0 MP camera ? From what you say I would not buy the new IXUS
    II 3.2.

    Dave

    David J. Gilmour, Jul 17, 2003

  3. David J. Gilmour

    J Guest

    I don't know what the IXUS II 3.2 is in Canada but I have a Canon S230. I
    think it's called the IXUS V3...take a look at that camera if you want a
    nice compact digicam!

    J, Jul 17, 2003
  4. J schreef:
    I am talking about the new V3 which is called ISUX DIGITAL II in europe, it came
    out last month

    David J. Gilmour, Jul 17, 2003
  5. Hi Dave , when are you and the Floyd on tour again ? ;-)

    I bought the IXUS 2 model as a second camera to my G2 and have to say it was
    pretty hopeless , very little manual control and the results from low light
    were rubbish . I must admit I'm not convinced about these minature cameras ,
    with all the sizes reduced ( lens etc ) you're going to lose something
    compared with the larger models . Hope this helps .

    Graham .

    Graham Jackman, Jul 18, 2003
  6. J schreef:
    THANX for the review url. I think I am gonna get the S400, it's only $30 more
    expensive here in Holland,
    best price for the IXUS II is Euro 469 and Euro 499 for the S400. The S400 got a
    better review and is a 4.0 MP camera which gives just the slight edge over the
    IXUS 3.2.

    Davidgilmour2003, Jul 18, 2003
  7. David J. Gilmour

    Pat Chaney Guest

    .... and in magazines, often influenced by advertising revenues.
    </cynicism>

    Pat

    Pat Chaney, Jul 20, 2003
  8. David J. Gilmour

    dslr Guest

    Oi, this isn't uk.rec.photo.misc, you know ;-)

    dslr, Jul 20, 2003