    note at the bottom of the page explaining that this resolution is at
    the bottom edge of the page.
    What does this mean ? is the rest of the page a lower resolution ?

    dodgeman, Oct 5, 2003

  2. Ah, IIRC the horizontal resolution is 4800 and the vertical resolution is
    2400 dots. That means that if you were printing an inch-square block on a
    sheet of paper, the block would consist of 4800 dots of ink along the one
    dimension (I think the side parallel with the motion of the print head) and
    2400 dots on the other. Note- the dots of ink aren't the same as pixels.

    Oh, and the i965 won't be released in the US, at least not yet- the US
    version is the i960 and it will have the same 4800x1200 resolution of the
    i950- so a lot of folks on this group might be unaware of this.

    Martin Francis, Oct 5, 2003