Canon i350 Printer for $50 is awesome

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Darius Alexander, Sep 24, 2003.

  1. OK. I never thought I would ever believe that $50 could buy a new
    printer of this quality. My new Canon i350 is very impressive. I am an
    old school dog from the world of film cameras and old dot matrix
    printers.

    The printer comes with 2 ink cartridges, and a 5 pack of Canon Glossy
    Paper Plus. I printed some of the sample images from the
    http://www.PowerShot.com web site as a first test. I never saw such
    detailed, saturated prints. They vegetables looked like they should be
    on the cover of HOME AND GARDEN magazine!

    The black text printing on regular copy paper looked like laser
    quality.

    OK, before you all start flaming me....I know that there are better
    printers. I have seen results from some of the Epson and Lexmark
    printers in the $50-$125 price range and none of them have come close
    to this. Canon definitely has the low end inkjet market on lock....or
    they should! They make a cheaper model, the i250 for about $40 or $45,
    but it does not print borderless prints. The i350 does....at 4800 X
    1200 DPI with fine droplet technology.

    If you want a great printer for prints up to 8.5 X 11, get the Canon
    i350.

    Darius Alexander, Sep 24, 2003

  2. Darius Alexander

    Lucas Tam Guest

    (Darius Alexander) wrote in
    Interesting... do you know how much replacement ink is? Approximately how
    much does it cost to print an 8.5 x 11 in full colour?

    Thanks.

    Lucas Tam, Sep 24, 2003

  3. Darius Alexander

    Eric Gisin Guest

    This first post by Darius from a different ISP the the resident troll's. The
    troll seems to hijack identities.

    Is there anything to this claim of quality? All companies have 50$ printers
    with 1200 dpi colour. Are they any different?

    For some reason Canon has half-a-dozen such printers, all using a DCI-24
    cartridge. This thing has 10ml cartridges! I'm glad I have 40ml in my Deskjet.

    Eric Gisin, Sep 28, 2003