    for the price of $279 on bestpricecameras.com, a price which seems too
    good to be true. It says its brand new but I dunno. So, anything that
    anyone can offer on these issues would be greatly appreciated!

    jeffbergstrom, Aug 2, 2007

  2. jeffbergstrom

    Bruce. Guest

    I had a G2 for years and came to dislike the size. It was just overkill for
    the type of photography I wanted to do.

    I finally bought a A710 and love it. The image stabilization is worth it's
    weight ini gold, especially with a 6X lens. And it has all the manual
    features I could ever want.

    Bruce.

    Bruce., Aug 2, 2007

  3. jeffbergstrom

    Eric Miller Guest

    I still own and use my G2 and will probably never own a camera without a
    flash shoe. External flash extends the possibilities of digital cameras.
    On-camera flash is usually only good for close-up snaps and for making
    sporting event crowds look sparkly (the effective range of the flash is
    seldom more than 10 feet).

    But more importantly, whatever camera you decide to buy, don't buy from
    bestpricecameras.com. That organization, which also apparently operates
    under several other names, including Infiniti Photo has a horrible
    reputation. Always check out any retailer at www.resellerratings.com to
    get the scoop on them before buying online. That or just go to a very
    reputable dealer like B&H Photo, Adorama or KEH. There are other good
    and reputable dealers out there, but I don't know them all. None are
    perfect, but the ones I named won't steal your money.

    Incidentally, the lifetime rating of bestpricecamera.com is 0.8 out of
    10. Yes, the decimal is supposed to be there. Read the reviews at:

    http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Infiniti_Photo_3

    If the price seems too good to be true, it is.

    Eric Miller
    www.dyesscreek.com

    Eric Miller, Aug 2, 2007
  4. jeffbergstrom

    Clive Guest

    Take a look at the Canon S3 IS or S5 IS. Shop around for the S3 as it's
    been replaced by the S5. Takes 4 AA batteries, good zoom.

    Only downside with the S3 is the EVF (electronic viewfinder), but if
    your used to using the built in folding LCD - not a problem.

    Clive

    Clive, Aug 2, 2007
  5. jeffbergstrom

    Dave Cohen Guest

    There is no comparison. Both are nice cameras, but the G7 is one step
    below a DSLR and just plain superior. Expect a better lens, flash
    bracket etc. As for that price, I agree, it sounds too good to be true.
    Dave Cohen

    Dave Cohen, Aug 2, 2007