    wondering if anyone has any heads-up on a follow-up to it...when and what it
    will be like. Trying to figure the right time to either jump in on the G6 or
    wait until the next version comes out.

    Bob Hayden, Mar 11, 2005

  2. Bob Hayden

    Dave Cohen Guest

    You'll never win. If a new version comes out it will be higher priced to
    begin. You might gain a little if you wait for the newer version and pick up
    the G6 at a reduced price. Personally I think the G6 is a great camera, I
    opted for the A95, smaller, AA batteries and less money, but a friend has
    the G6. I would think if one were looking up from a G6 then perhaps a DSLR.
    Dave Cohen

    Dave Cohen, Mar 12, 2005

  3. Bob Hayden

    Mark B. Guest

    Good grief, it's just over 6 months old. Don't look for a successor until
    at least fall of this year. Just buy a cam that fits your needs now.

    Mark

    Mark B., Mar 12, 2005
  4. The right time is now. Whenever you buy, there will always be something
    new in a few months - there's no point in worrying about it.

    Stephen Poley, Mar 12, 2005