    battery charger.

    Thanks!
    Andi

    Andreas Schmidt, May 17, 2005

  2. The battery charger that comes with the Powershot G6 is rated
    100-240V, 50-60HZ and will work just as well in Europe as it does
    in the USA. You will need to get a new power cord (it is detachable)
    with a German plug or one of those plug adapters sold at airports and
    travel stores becuase the physical shape of the plugs used in Germany
    is different than those used in the USA.

    I can't comment on which is the better camera.

    Gisle Hannemyr, May 17, 2005

  3. Andreas Schmidt

    jean Guest

    The charger will work anywhere with the proper adapter. I have a G6 and it
    is a good camera. Keep the ISO at the lowest setting possible to get lower
    noise (grain) and get the 220EX external flash for indoor shots. The G6 and
    220EX are a very good travel combo, not too big and with enough control for
    those situations requiring a bit more than "press the button and hope for
    the best".

    Jean

    jean, May 17, 2005
  4. Thanks for your answers! I ordered a G6 from buydig.com and a 512MB SanDisk
    CompactFlash from amazon.com. $550 altogether, incl. shipping.

    Andi

    Andreas Schmidt, May 18, 2005