    to offer which to my knowledge would only be the wide angle or telephoto and
    if they noticed much improvement over the standard supplied lens.

    Rick

    Rick, Jan 7, 2005

  2. Rick

    chrlz Guest

    On a non-interchangable lens camera like the G5, there is nothing you
    can do to make the lens better. References to good glass generally
    refer to the use of higher quality lenses on a camera where the entire
    lens is changable, eg replacing a supplied cheap zoom lens with a
    single focal length lens, or a much more expensive one.

    Adding wide or tele converters will in fact degrade your lens'
    performance! The better the converter, the less degradation. All you
    are doing to improve your images is to add a bit of flexibility in the
    angle of view. Having said that, the G5 has a pretty good if not great
    lens, and the Canon converters are good...

    chrlz, Jan 7, 2005

  3. Rick

    Rick Guest

    Thanks for the info I will be sticking to the original lens.
    Also I guess I should of paid closer attention because before your reply
    along with checking out Lensmateonline I thought these lenses temporarily
    replaced the original lens but it appears they go over the top creating what
    might be perceived as double trouble.

    Thanks again,
    Rick

    Rick, Jan 8, 2005