    difficult with this camers to me.

    Thanks for any advise.
    Richard H

    Richard Holliingsworth, Jun 7, 2004

  2. Richard Holliingsworth

    Zol. Guest

    For me the manual focus button was on the wrong side of the camera when I 1st used it but
    with a little practice, you can use the auto-focus to lock in and then press the manual
    focus buton before shooting. I found that occasionally what was focused previously would get
    re-adjusted when pressing the shutter button but the technique of using the focus lock by
    this method worked well for me.

    Regards, Zol.

    Zol., Jun 7, 2004

  3. Richard Holliingsworth

    Peter Berlin Guest

    Are you sure it is a focus problem? I used to have the same problem,
    then I realized I was not as steady handed as I thought I was, and it
    was camera motion. I am a lot more careful now and achieve a fare
    better "in focus" ratio.

    Peter

    Peter Berlin, Jun 8, 2004
  4. Richard Holliingsworth

    Eatmorepies Guest

    No problem with mine - you may well have to take it off the continuous focus
    setting though.

    John

    Eatmorepies, Jun 8, 2004
  5. Richard Holliingsworth

    rqdini Guest

    I've had the G5 since last December and it developed the same problem about
    6 weeks ago and aprox 50% of the pics are partially to severely blurry
    depending on the lighting.

    Someone else also passed through this NG a few months back with the same
    problem and ended up sending it back to Canon for repair.

    Guess I need to get a RMA# and take it from there.

    Good luck,
    Rick

    rqdini, Jun 10, 2004