    situations?

    Thanks in advance for the info!

    Tod

    Tod, Jul 16, 2003

  2. Tod

    Ed Ruf Guest

    These numbers are focal length multipliers. So the widest field of
    view is provided by the shortest focal length, so 0.3 times whatever
    the min focal length of your camera.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://members.cox.net/egruf
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam

    Ed Ruf, Jul 16, 2003

  3. Tod

    moe Guest

    moe, Jul 17, 2003
  4. Tod

    Tod Guest

    ....and this lens is a .45 - what is the size difference? Is .8 bigger?

    Thanks!
    Tod

    Tod, Jul 17, 2003
  5. Tod

    Dreamer Guest

    Usually the number indicates the lens's magnification factor. A .45
    wide-angle lens would make the apparent field of view a little more than
    twice as wide (the actual number is 1/.45 or 2.2repeating.) Every object in
    the picture would look .45 as big as it would without the lens, but you'd
    get more objects, so to speak. Contrarily, with a 2.0 lens, every object in
    the picture would look twice as big (or twice as close - same thing) as it
    would without the lens, but you'd only get half the field of view.

    I think. I'm pretty sure.

    Dreamer, Jul 17, 2003