    shipping label by e-mail to the day I got the camera back, fixed and
    cleaned.

    Just for the record

    bert, Jun 23, 2007

  2. bert

    Dave Cohen Guest

    What record, we don't even know if it was under warranty.
    Dave Cohen

    Dave Cohen, Jun 23, 2007

  3. bert

    ASAAR Guest

    Probably not. The A310 was introduced over 3 years ago and
    doesn't appear on B&H's website.

    ASAAR, Jun 23, 2007
  4. bert

    Woodsman Guest

    The A310 is listed as part of the Sony CCD issue/recall from about
    that same period. It should be fixed for free.. I had the same
    problem with a Minolta A1 last winter and it was repaired free as
    well.

    Woodsman, Jun 23, 2007
  5. bert

    ASAAR Guest

    It would be nice if there was a website that kept a database of
    recalls and firmware fixes, where you could punch in your camera
    model to see if there are any known problem solutions. Until then,
    we'll have to rely upon the OP's messages not escaping notice of the
    right people, such as you.

    "Thanks for the memories . . ." -- Leslie Townes (Bob) Hope

    ASAAR, Jun 23, 2007
  6. bert

    Jim Guest

    It is entirely possible that they shipped you a new camera because doing so
    saves them money. And, just because they are being sold through retail
    outlets does not preclude them having lots of surplus new ones around.
    Jim

    Jim, Jun 23, 2007
  7. bert

    Rudy Lacchin Guest

    I got my three-year-old A70 repaired FOC for the CCD problem.

    The database is called Google.

    R.

    Rudy Lacchin, Jun 24, 2007
  8. bert

    ASAAR Guest

    That's only marginally useful for those that aren't somewhat
    familiar with existing solutions. It's also completely useless for
    those that don't know how to use google, and that's a fairly common
    failing. Having a readily accessible database such as I suggested
    would also make it very easy, while looking up a known problem, to
    quickly discover some other fixes and upgrades for the same camera
    that might be useful. This wouldn't be done using google since
    while google may see its resources as a database, it's not really
    presented to the user in the manner that I suggested.

    ASAAR, Jun 24, 2007
  9. Right. Google links to many items on the subject, but most are of little or
    no help as far as getting specific information on whether or how the
    individual manufacturers will stand behind the faulty products. It took me
    some time on Google to get to DPReview's page on this, which though updated
    in 2007 is not really up to date (doesn't include some models known to have
    the problem):
    http://www.imaging-resource.com/badccds.html

    That's the best I've found so far, though.

    Neil

    Neil Harrington, Jun 24, 2007
  10. bert

    bert Guest

    The record of people who have sent their canon cameras in for a ccd
    fix. Several recent threads here.

    bert, Jun 25, 2007
  11. bert

    Rudy Lacchin Guest

    If someone is utterly incapable of using Google - which (I think) is
    relatively simple to use - how will they use a database to find the
    information?

    If they can't work out how to use Google, how on earth are they managing to
    operate complex digital cameras?

    R.

    Rudy Lacchin, Jun 25, 2007