Canon EOS 10D and Canon Macro Ring Lite ML-3

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Engelkott, Apr 8, 2004.

  1. Engelkott

    Engelkott Guest

    Hi!

    I am aware that the ML-3 is TTL and the 10D is ETTL but is there any
    way in the world i can force my 10D to fire the flash so i can program
    the exposure myself?

    This is really beginning to depress me!

    Thanks,

    Engelkott

    Written & posted with Forte Agent v2.0
    www.forteinc.com

    Engelkott, Apr 8, 2004

  2. Engelkott

    nk Guest

    Engelkott,
    Below is a link to the on line manual to 10d.
    I copied a section from the manual (page 106) and I don't think it can do what
    you want.
    http://www.powershot.com/powershot2/customer/manual.html
    TTL and A-TTL Autoflash Speedlites
    • With TTL and A-TTL autoflash Speedlites (EZ, E, EG, ML, and TL series), the
    flash will not fire in the TTL or A-TTL autoflash mode. If the Speedlite has a
    manual mode, use the manual mode instead.
    • If Speedlite 550EX’s C.Fn-3-1 has been set, the flash will not fire in the TTL
    autoflash mode.

    Nath

    nk, Apr 8, 2004

  3. Engelkott

    Engelkott Guest

    On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 01:00:28 GMT, nk <> wrote:

    >Engelkott,
    >Below is a link to the on line manual to 10d.
    >I copied a section from the manual (page 106) and I don't think it can do what
    >you want.
    >http://www.powershot.com/powershot2/customer/manual.html
    >TTL and A-TTL Autoflash Speedlites
    >• With TTL and A-TTL autoflash Speedlites (EZ, E, EG, ML, and TL series), the
    >flash will not fire in the TTL or A-TTL autoflash mode. If the Speedlite has a
    >manual mode, use the manual mode instead.
    >• If Speedlite 550EX’s C.Fn-3-1 has been set, the flash will not fire in the TTL
    >autoflash mode.
    >
    >Nath

    Thanks for the link and taking the time to post the reply!

    Engelkott, Apr 8, 2004