    TIA,
    Charles

    P.S. and no, thanks, the 1.4 is not an option. Too expensive for me.

    cbueche, Apr 20, 2007

  2. cbueche

    Scott W Guest

    I see B&H has it in stock so it can't be that big of a shortage.
    Wonderful lens for the money BTW.

    Scott

    Scott W, Apr 20, 2007

  3. I had no problem getting one off the shelf from a camera store (Leo's
    Cameras) in Vancouver BC less than a week ago.

    Dave

    Dave Martindale, Apr 20, 2007
  4. cbueche

    cbueche Guest

    Hi again,

    I have at least got my lens from the local shop without much
    explanation.
    Thanks for your responses.

    Charles

    cbueche, May 2, 2007
  5. cbueche

    Paul J Gans Guest

    The 50mm f/1.8 is rather special. It is an excellent lens, quite
    sharp, good in low light, easy to carry around and very useful in
    many situations.

    It is also the least expensive lens Canon makes.

    I believe that Canon makes them in batches. And the demand for
    them has risen as Canon's market share has risen and as the talk
    on the newsgroups continues to rave about that lens.

    Paul J Gans, May 3, 2007