    taxes on that amount. I guess it's a good thing I saved my receipt when I
    bought the Mighty Mk III.

    Rita

    Rita Ä Berkowitz, Nov 29, 2007

  2. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    Douglas Guest

    Sounds like he's got another dose of the
    "why-is-it-always-me-who-misses-out" syndrome.

    Funny thing Rita... He said a couple of years ago if he had my drive he'd
    make a great success out of being a photographer! ROTFL. Now he's jealous of
    you too! Poor dude. If only he'd listened when people gave him good advice.
    Now all that's left is a shell running around waving it's arms in the air
    yelling "look at me" ...and nobody does. Do you have any pity for him? I
    don't. He deserves all he gets. God helps those who help themselves. Bret
    tried that and got caught!

    Douglas

    Douglas, Nov 29, 2007

  3. Oh well, at least he got a "fixed" copy of CS3 he can brag about in the
    groups.
    The funny thing is he can have any dSLR body he wants and get maximum
    enjoyment out of it for next to nothing had he learned to follow and
    appreciate the 18-month rule. Honestly, I don't have any pity for him or
    anyone else that doesn't have any self respect or a desire to help
    themselves. Anyway, I'm glad that the 18-month rule afforded me the
    opportunity to enjoy the Mighty Mk III for as long as I did. It gave me the
    chance remove any "what ifs" and doubt that I will enjoy the new D3 when it
    arrives.

    Rita

    Rita Ä Berkowitz, Nov 29, 2007
  4. That's true. But photography is more than a special effects art. It is a
    recording medium, and the better able you and your equipment is to record
    what is there on the spur of the moment, the more useful the recording will
    be. If Bret sees a deer out in a field at night, he could go over to the
    fence and shout, "Hey deer! - It's too dark for me to take your picture
    right now, so please come back next Saturday morning at about 9:00 AM, and I
    will be here to take your picture." and perhaps the deer will cooperate, and
    perhaps not. But if he has an infra-red camera with him, he can take the
    picture right then, dark or not........

    William Graham, Nov 29, 2007
  5. I wasn't aware that you couldn't use infra red cameras/film in the
    dark.....I know they use them for after dark photos of lions and the like in
    African safari shots on Animal Planet shows.....They must be able to take
    photos in very bad light, anyway.

    William Graham, Nov 29, 2007
  6. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    acl Guest

    What does what I said have to do with special effects?

    acl, Nov 29, 2007
  7. Well, there are infra-red lights, or "heat lamps" as we used to call
    them....Will they improve the photos taken with infra-red film or sensing
    planes?

    William Graham, Nov 29, 2007
  8. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    Scott W Guest

    They use a infrared light source when shooting in the dark.

    There are thermal cameras, but they are a different beast altogether.

    Scott

    Scott W, Nov 29, 2007
  9. Nothing.....I was commenting on someone else's post....sorry. Sure....I
    agree. You can take pictures inside with artificial light. And, outside, of
    city lights, too.....but I just thought I'd need another hobby....Especially
    since my vision isn't too good.....My dad went blind at around my age, and
    had to give up photography forever....fortunately, the ophthalmology today
    is a lot better, so that probably won't happen to me, but still and
    all.....It's good to have another hobby that isn't totally dependent on
    vision.

    William Graham, Nov 29, 2007
  10. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    acl Guest

    Ah, OK, you had me puzzled there for a while!

    acl, Nov 29, 2007
  11. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    dj_nme Guest

    dj_nme, Nov 29, 2007
  12. Only an utter and complete fool would rent equipment. If he had any brains
    he would be snagging used lenses on eBay and flipping them for a 40% profit.
    Of course, he could use them for jobs in the interim till they are sold.
    The best part is he can buy a half dozen 85/1.2L IIs and pick out a good one
    for the keeper if there really is such a thing as a good L lens under 400mm.

    Hell, if he acts as much as an over dependant dumbass in the real world as
    he does here there's no wonder he'll never get anywhere.

    Rita

    Rita Ä Berkowitz, Nov 29, 2007
  13. The funny thing is he genuinely believes he made more money by holding onto
    that blue piece of shit as long as he did. Just the cost of ownership from
    taking out a full coverage insurance policy put his ass in the red for three
    months. The dumb bastard should have taken the cash and ran. He could have
    made a tidy sum investing that money for three months.
    What really sucks is making a buck when you are doing your best not to.
    You got it
    All flash and no cash!
    LOL! And the best thing about following the 18-month rule is my D3 is paid
    off even before I have it in my hands.

    Rita

    Rita Ä Berkowitz, Nov 29, 2007
  14.
    William Graham, Nov 30, 2007
  15. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    Annika1980 Guest

    My financial situation was already hashed out here a bit too much,
    must you must've missed that month. So I won't repeat it all now.

    Uh, because yours is pretend money?
    Well yeah, she's a little slut. "Hey Mom, I made another $1000 today
    just for sitting on grandpa Doug's lap!"
    This from the guy who's always braggin about his cameras and his boat.

    Annika1980, Nov 30, 2007
  16. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    dj_nme Guest

    Light intensifying devices are monochrome as designed.
    A gen 3 light intensifying device would produce a nice, clean monochrome
    image if the scene was also lit with an IR illuminator.
    This is exactly what the military does, so that a clearer image is seen
    while wearing night vision goggles and so an enemy without NVG can't see
    their lighting.

    dj_nme, Nov 30, 2007
  17. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    Annika1980 Guest

    That's why I've reached the conclusion that you've never owned a 1D3,
    a 500 f/4, or a Noct 58mm. You either rented them or you work in a
    place which has access to them. Makes sense to me .... you fit your
    own description perfectly.
    And no, I don't believe you'll be a getting a D3 either.

    The lenses on EBAY are the ones that have already been flipped.
    Besides, if you had as much bank as you pretend you'd be doing that
    yourself.

    A half dozen? What is that ... almost $12,000?
    Hell, that's next to nothin!

    Idiot troll.

    Annika1980, Nov 30, 2007
  18. LOL! I'm glad you have it all figured out. The laugh is on you, son. I
    got the paperwork for all three.
    Yep, the wheel and the seedless watermelon have already been invented. That
    shouldn't stop you from making a little scratch. As for my "bank", I don't
    have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of but I had all three of
    the above.
    You have to start out small and work your way up.
    LOL! I love you too.

    Rita

    Rita Ä Berkowitz, Nov 30, 2007
  19. Damn! You get an extra 4+ months on the 18-month rule and you get pissy.
    Figure it out dumbass, there's ways of lowering the cost of ownership way
    below 10%. I'll let you work on it since it's best to teach an imbecile to
    fish instead of feeding him fish.
    Yes, I love you too. Oh, before I forget, I do get to own and enjoy
    topnotch gear for next to nothing since I'm smarter than you and use my
    head.

    Rita

    Rita Ä Berkowitz, Nov 30, 2007
  20. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    PixelPix Guest

    .....and yet you "continually" drag out the fact that I sold a lens
    that Canon repaired and call me names because of it??? You are such a
    hypocrite!!!

    PixelPix, Nov 30, 2007