    forced to set the new standard "Use By" date to 14.5 months. This is a real
    kick in the ass for people that paid the $4,999.95 MSRP.

    Rita

    Rita Ä Berkowitz, Nov 21, 2007

  2. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    Ali Guest

    Link to the official source?

    Ali, Nov 21, 2007

  3. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    Scott W Guest

    Well I guess I'm glad I did not buy one then.

    Scott

    Scott W, Nov 21, 2007
  4. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    Scott W Guest

    If you have to ask you don't know Rita.

    Scott

    Scott W, Nov 21, 2007
  5. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    TheDave© Guest

    This would be for the Official Mission Impossible version which
    self-destructs after a pre-set time, right?

    Seriously, seems to me this would only be an issue for those who feel
    the need to purchase an upgrade solely because it's available.

    TheDave©, Nov 21, 2007
  6. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    Ali Guest

    No I don't know Rita, but to be honest, I have no quarms with Rita.

    Also, I must admit, I generally don't really take much notice of individual
    posters, maybe I have missed something? The only thing I remember is that
    Rita used to use a 200 1.8, has a Mk-III and likes Nikkor lenses. That's
    about it.

    Ali, Nov 21, 2007

  7. Oy Vey, Rita - you spin more yarns than a holocaust industry spokesman!

    Enough, already.

    national treasure, Nov 21, 2007
  8. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    Scott W Guest

    Rita likes to joke a fair bit, take everything Rita says with a large
    grain of salt.

    Scott

    Scott W, Nov 21, 2007
  9. LOL, and because he said these things you actually believe them?!

    SMS 斯蒂文• å¤, Nov 21, 2007
  10. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    cmyk Guest

    A product cycle of 18-24 months is nothing unusual these days.

    If you want to talk about depreciating a camera buyer's investment, consider what Nikon did to the D40 - after just 4 months it was
    superseded by the D40x.

    cmyk, Nov 21, 2007
  11. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    Ali Guest

    Not at all, hence my previous post asking for the official source.

    Ali, Nov 21, 2007
  12. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    Douglas Guest

    What is it Ali?
    You believe the bullshit on dpreview and in the magazines but not an
    Internet savy owner making a statement? You'll really go a long way in life
    going around calling people liars by inference.

    Douglas

    Douglas, Nov 21, 2007
  13. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    Ali Guest

    Uh? How many beers have you had?

    I think you need to read my post's when you are a bit more sober because
    it's pretty obvious that you are having difficulties reading what I have
    posted.

    Ali, Nov 21, 2007
  14. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    Kinon O'Cann Guest

    It's even more official!

    Rita is a skunk-smelling troll!

    Kinon O'Cann, Nov 21, 2007
  15. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    Scott W Guest

    D-Mac has a hard time keeping track of who he is replying to.

    Scott

    Scott W, Nov 21, 2007
  16. Thank you.
    The only correction here is I never had a 200/1.8. I briefly had an old
    200/2 AI Nikkor.

    Rita

    Rita Ä Berkowitz, Nov 21, 2007
  17. You can somewhat understand that for cheap consumer dSLRs, but not a pro
    body.

    Rita

    Rita Ä Berkowitz, Nov 21, 2007
  18. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    dj_nme Guest

    Has your 1Ds MkIII suddenly stopped functioning or evaporated/vanished,
    preventing you from working with it?
    Otherwise, I'm not sure what the basis of your complaint is.

    Everything loses value when it leaves the shop or showroom, vehicles are
    notorious for losing half their sticker price after being driven off the
    dealers lot.
    Why shouldn't cameras be the same?

    dj_nme, Nov 21, 2007
  19. 1D Mk III.
    It sure does, but the accelerated depreciation curves sucks. If I wanted a
    curve like this I would have bought a Chrysler.
    They shouldn't. My lenses aren't depreciating.

    Rita

    Rita Ä Berkowitz, Nov 21, 2007
  20. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    Ali Guest

    It was a while ago. For some reason I thought you had a Canon 200 1.8.
    Maybe a lens you wanted?

    Mmm, it's not important anyway.

    Ali, Nov 21, 2007