    Sidebar: it is called "PTP" (Picture Transfer Protocol), not "PPTP".

    PPTP is a networking protocol (Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol), one
    of the various ways of implementing a VPN (Virtual Private Network).

    David Empson, Jul 30, 2006

  2. I apologize profusely to the group at large and fall upon my sword.

    The Camera Transfer Protocol to which I meant to refer was in fact, Picture
    Transfer Protocol, PTP and not PPTP which is in fact an acronym for Point to
    Point Tunnelling Protocol.

    For some reason in my haste to make a response, I made an incorrect response
    and again I apologize for all the confusion.

    I also graciously accept the response from those that have deigned it
    appropriate to ensure that the official record in this news group is kept
    clean.

    rtt

    Richard Tomkins, Jul 30, 2006

  3. John McWilliams, Jul 31, 2006