    I give up. Can anybody help me? WILL anybody help me? Please?

    Thanks folks.

    Don (Competent In the Horizontal Mode Only)

    Don Forsling, Apr 3, 2004

  2. Don Forsling

    BPR2 Guest

    Follow the raised contour from shutter release button on the BG-ED3 up
    toward the seam where the BG-ED3 is attached to the base of your camera ...
    there is an 'on - off' switch very near to the top of the grip housing.

    It shows red when turned on. If it doesn't show read the BG-ED3 controls
    are 'off'.

    BPR2, Apr 3, 2004

  3. Don Forsling

    Ian Stirling Guest

    http://www.canon.com/ should be able to supply you with a downloadable
    manual.

    Ian Stirling, Apr 3, 2004
  4. Don Forsling

    Don Forsling Guest

    No luck there, Ian, but thanks. Plenty of manuals for the cameras but
    seemingly not what I need (BG-ED3) as far as accessory manuals are
    concerned. But maybe I'm not only old but blind--so why am I using the 10D
    anyway? Thanks again.

    Don Forsling, Apr 3, 2004
  5. Don Forsling

    BPR2 Guest

    Don Forsling wrote:

    Plenty of manuals for the cameras but seemingly not what I need (BG-ED3) as
    far as accessory manuals are concerned.

    I don't have a manual for my BG-ED3 Grip either ... I don't think mine came
    with a manual.

    I think you can probably manage a BG-ED3 without a user manual. There are
    only 4 controls ...

    Shutter release on the Grip does the same thing as the Shutter release on
    the Body.

    The control wheel near the Shutter button does the same thing as the control
    wheel near the Shutter button on the Body.

    The other two button with the symbols do the same thing as the buttons on
    the body with the same symbols.

    The only 'Grip only' item is the 'on - off' switch. Did you find your
    on/off switch yet?

    BPR2, Apr 3, 2004
  6. Don Forsling

    S. Guest

    People 66 should use point and shhot cameras rather than DSLR's

    S.

    S., Apr 3, 2004
  7. So I'm OK with my 10D for another 4 months then?
    And perhaps you should have used your spell checker, before making such remarks.

    Malcolm Stewart, Apr 3, 2004
  8. Don Forsling

    Don Coon Guest

    People, of any age, who write such crap ought to use their brain. But I
    guess at 9 or 10, it isn't fully enough developed yet.

    Don Coon, Apr 4, 2004
  9. Don Forsling

    Don Forsling Guest

    Thank you, sir. And as for idiot Stewy or "S", or whomever, I am the guy
    who couldn't find the on/off button on the battery grip--probably because I
    hadn't used the vertical release for about eight months and, in fact, only
    once since I obtained the grip. The switch is, by the way, quite concealed.
    As for using SLRs, digital or otherwise, I've been using them and making
    money with them for over forty years. Have you? Until switching to Canon
    last year, I had used about every Nikon SLR ever made. I thank all who
    wrote (with the exception of S) and helped me recover from my brain fart.

    Don Forsling

    Don Forsling, Apr 4, 2004
  10. Don Forsling

    Lionel Guest

    If it makes you feel any better, when I bought my own BG-ED3, I didn't
    even realise that there *was* an on/off switch for it, so I thought mine
    was faulty. I felt like a complete idiot when the the woman in the shop
    gave me 'the look', flicked the switch on the grip, & hand my camera
    back to me - all without saying a word. The worst part is that I've done
    tech-support myself, so I know exactly what she probably felt like
    saying to me at the time. :^/

    Lionel, Apr 4, 2004
  11. Don Forsling

    S. Guest

    Hey Coonbrain,

    What's the point of having advanced gear when you are clueless how to work
    it? Just to say look at me?

    S.

    S., Apr 4, 2004
  12. Don Forsling

    S. Guest

    LOL, I really wonder why you would have spent around 2 grand (or more) for
    camera, lenses and accessories and not have used the camera in 8 months. A
    pretty expensive doorstop huh. I suspect it's a small penis thing.

    S.

    S., Apr 4, 2004
  13. Don Forsling

    Don Coon Guest

    You're doing exceptionally well, Don. You have the wisdom and experience
    acquired over 66 years.

    I'm only 62 so I have a ways to go : ) Haven't used a Big ED on my 10D and
    probably won't. I *can* see lots of benefits to a vertical grip, but it's
    only my hobby --- and it thus competes for $$ with numerous other hobbies
    : )

    Cheers

    Don Coon, Apr 4, 2004
  14. Don Forsling

    Don Coon Guest

    As is a small brain and small IQ thing. Grow up.

    Don Coon, Apr 4, 2004
  15. Don Forsling

    Don Coon Guest

    Hey SBrain, (Does the S stand for "SHIT"?)

    If a guy has earned the bucks and can afford the gear what business is it to
    you how he spends it? There are a lot worse ways to squander money and
    still be clueless. You could start by paying for some pychiatric help since
    it seems that any $$ spend on your upbringing and socialization skills has
    left you with a "clueless" personality.

    Cheers

    PS- PLONK

    Don Coon, Apr 4, 2004
  16. Don Forsling

    Mark M Guest

    Nobody learned to use ANYTHING without first having it in their hands.
    People like you prefer to pretend to know about things they've never
    touched.

    Mark M, Apr 4, 2004
  17. Don Forsling

    Neon John Guest

    Nah. We geezers buy nifty toys because

    We can (with cash, of course)
    We want to
    Maybe we like to make you young twerps living on your credit cards a bit
    jealous.

    Heck, I have toys that I've never opened the box on. I'll get around to it.
    Or if I don't my estate will have some nifty things to get rid of.

    John

    Neon John, Apr 4, 2004
  18. Don Forsling

    S. Guest

    Actually I have a D60 with the BG-ED3 grip.

    S.

    S., Apr 4, 2004
  19. Don Forsling

    Mark M Guest

    Sorry.
    I gave you to much credit then.
    You're not talking out of your arse...you're just a moron.

    Mark M, Apr 4, 2004
  20. Don Forsling

    S. Guest

    Arse? What's an arse? Wait I know... that's the place on the Queen that the
    Brits kiss.

    S.

    S., Apr 5, 2004