    marvinator3 Guest

    I just bought a Canon A95. Does anyone know if it's ok to use those
    lithium AA's in it?

    marvinator3, Dec 27, 2004

  2. marvinator3

    Harvey Guest

    Yes you may use any AAs that will fit: Alkaline, Lithium primary cells, or
    NiCad or Ni-MH rechargeable cells. You will of course get differing levels
    of performance but no damage to the camera will occur. The Lithium may cost
    $4 each for one time use but have a high energy density compared to the
    others and are quite good when going in the woods for a month with no
    possibility of recharging. Lithium primary cells are what power the
    military's radio equipment when weight is a major factor on covert
    operations.

    For the best compromise of performance and expense, Ni-MH with proper
    charger is recommended.

    Harvey, Dec 27, 2004

  3. marvinator3

    DonR Guest

    Check your owner's manual. I know Panasonic says not to use Lithium AA's in
    their cameras, as they get too hot.

    DonR, Dec 27, 2004
  4. marvinator3

    Harvey Guest

    Here is a nice reference. Scroll to the bottom to see a table of battery
    capacities in flashes. http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/batteries.htm

    Harvey, Dec 27, 2004
  5. marvinator3

    Riglin Guest

    That's what the manual of my Canon A75 says too.

    Riglin, Dec 27, 2004
  6. marvinator3

    Dave Cohen Guest

    That's what my A40 manual said. I've looked carefully thru' the A95 manual,
    even searching the .pdf file and cannot find any mention of not using them
    in the A95. All the same, I just carry a spare set of NiMH's.
    Dave Cohen

    Dave Cohen, Dec 27, 2004