    discounted to current prices? If the price of the A85 is discounted
    this camera will be a great deal. Will the A520 cost stigmatically
    more then the A85 and if so will it more worth the added cost.

    bethy, Feb 3, 2005

  2. bethy

    Scharf-DCA Guest

    The A520 also has some negatives:

    1. Two AA batteries versus four, means more battery swaps (though the
    benefit is a smaller size).

    2. Uses SD versus Compact Flash. One of the reasons for the popularity
    of the A series was the Compact Flash.

    It looks like they're putting the G6 lens into the A85.

    "If you find something you really, really like, buy a lifetime supply;
    because it'll either be changed for the worse or go out of
    production."
    Quote from Rivendell Bicycle's Web Site

    Scharf-DCA, Feb 3, 2005

  3. bethy

    tangwong Guest

    My sister introduced me to the world of digital PS. I was not too happy with
    the quality of the A85 that she was using since I am used to seeing scanned
    images from a dedicated film scanner. It was not the lens on the A85 that I
    did not like, it was the resolution and color. But the convenience pushed me
    over. I bought a Fuji Finepix E550 and was more than happy with the quality.
    I think the big bands charge more for their brand name. Look around before
    making a decision.

    tangwong, Feb 4, 2005