Canon A80 & ZoomBrowser EX 4.5 download directory

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Kooky45, Nov 17, 2003.

  1. Kooky45

    Kooky45 Guest

    I've had my A80 for a week now and I think it's brilliant. Even the
    ZoomBrowser EX (v4.5) software that comes with it for downloading and
    viewing images seems pretty good. I especially like the way it
    downloads images to separate directories depending on when the photo
    were taken. However there is one really annoying problem. There is
    absolutely nothing I can do to change where ZoomBrowser downloads the
    images too. No matter what I put in as the download directory using
    the "Camera -> Auto Download Settings -> Save In" setting it always
    goes back to "My Documents\My Pictures". I want it to automaticaly
    download to a completely separate partition that I back up regularly
    but can only download to this directory and move the images by hand.
    I've lots of other stuff in the directory (scans, etc) and it's a real
    pain.

    Has anyone seen this before and/or got a fix for it? I'm using WinXp
    Pro.

    Thanks,

    Ken

    Kooky45, Nov 17, 2003

  2. Kooky45

    Kooky45 Guest

    Sorry to reply to my own posting, but I found out the problem was that
    I couldn't write to the registry for some reason. I changed the
    appropriate key permissions, and now it's fine.

    Ken

    Kooky45, Nov 18, 2003

  3. Kooky45

    lfriedlander Guest

    I have the same problem. Can you tell me what you did?

    Lee

    lfriedlander, Nov 18, 2003