    successful in doing so in the A80.

    Does anyone know how?

    Thanks

    Sam, Jul 12, 2004

  2. Sam

    chris French Guest

    AFACS - I have an A80 - you can't.

    If I wanted to do such a thing I would just use
    another program to add the date (using the EXIF meta data) to files to
    printed.

    The are a number of image processing programs that can do this, Google
    is your friend.

    chris French, Jul 12, 2004

  3. Sam

    Mark B. Guest

    The problem with doing that in-camera is that it would be permanent. If you
    change your mind later, the only way to undo it would be in an image editor
    after the fact - PITA if you ask me. I'm sure there are labs that could add
    the date as they're printed. The info is in the EXIF header. I'm also sure
    there are printing & image editing programs, as someone suggested, that
    could add it.

    Mark

    Mark B., Jul 12, 2004
  4. Sam

    John © Guest

    Try this Sam, its free, hope this helps

    John ©, Jul 12, 2004
  5. Sam

    Vic Guest

    This excellent program does it:

    http://www.friedemann-schmidt.com/software/exifer/

    Vic, Jul 13, 2004
  6. Sam

    Sam Guest

    : This excellent program does it:
    :
    : http://www.friedemann-schmidt.com/software/exifer/

    I downloaded the program. Although I can set the date. The datestamp
    or "watermark" is quite low on the image. So, I would have to crop
    the pics before I can insert the stamp. This is not what I had in
    mind since I want to take the images to the photolab and let them do
    the cropping.

    So, ideally, I would have to do batch "cropping" and then insert the
    watermark. Isn't there another way?

    Sam, Jul 13, 2004
  7. Sam

    Sam Guest

    Sorry John, there was nothing below your message.

    Sam, Jul 13, 2004
  8. Sam

    Mark B. Guest

    Ask the photolab if they can do it.