    mount. Does it take standard 37mm threaded filers or does it have to be a
    special mount/filter type? Thanks in advance.
    Bob

    Bob Hayden, Jan 30, 2004

  2. Bob Hayden

    Bob Salomon Guest

    37mm is not exactly a standard size. 36 and 39mm are more common.

    Bob Salomon, Jan 30, 2004

  3. Bob Hayden

    colinco Guest

    The A80 doesn't have a built in mount and needs an adapter. Canon one is
    52mm, alternative brands are 52mm or 37mm. 37mm is common enough.

    colinco, Jan 30, 2004
  4. Bob Hayden

    Freemale Guest

    It takes 52mm to the adaptor (Cheap extra)

    Freemale, Jan 31, 2004
  5. Bob Hayden

    Brian Guest

    FYI, on my A40, the adaptor partially blocks the viewfinder. Not the center,
    but about the bottom 3rd of the frame. I would GUESS on the A80 it would be
    worse, because that camera is slightly smaller than mine. I use the 2.4X
    telephoto lens and it works great, but almost completely obscures the
    viewfinder, and using only the LCD is pretty difficult at times. Otherwise,
    it works great. B.

    Brian, Jan 31, 2004