    Anyone familiar with these 2 camera's? How do they compare? Which do you
    guys think is a better camera and why? They're both about the same price.
    Thanks

    John F, Oct 17, 2004

  2. John F

    Mr Jessop Guest

    The canon is a big beast compared to the 3200. Incredible number of
    shooting modes on the nikon. The nikon uses only half the batteries. The
    only advantage canon has is the ability to fit teleconverters.

    Mr Jessop, Oct 17, 2004

  3. John F

    Chuck Guest

    A75 all the way

    Chuck, Oct 17, 2004
  4. John F

    Steve Guest

    John:

    I replaced a defective A series Canon that Canon failed to repair 3 times
    with a Nikon Coolpix 3100, the predecessor of the 3200 and I do not regret
    making the change from Canon to Nikon. The A series Canons are well know
    for defects in their manufacturing and for failing after a few months of
    use. The reviewers seem to like the A series Canons because they are biased
    in favor of "manual" features. Read the user forums and you will see lots
    of complaints about defects and failures.

    As the earlier post mentioned, why use 4 AA batteries in the Canon when you
    only need to use 2 in the Nikon (or Kodak, Sony, Olympus, Pentax, the list
    goes on). It is because Canon cuts construction costs by not including the
    electronics to boost the output voltage of the batteries like Nikon (or
    Kodak, Sony, Olympus, Pentax, the list goes on).

    As the earlier post mentioned, the " incredible number of shooting modes on
    the nikon", is excellent in the Nikon 3200. If you like to shoot macros,
    the macro on the Nikon is about the best in it's class, and far better than
    what Canon can provide.

    Good luck,

    Steve

    Steve, Oct 18, 2004