    Baruch Habba Bashem Adonai
    Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord

    LoneRiver

    LoneRiver, Sep 2, 2003

  2. LoneRiver

    Alan Brennan Guest

    On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 19:42:31 +1000
    ( "LoneRiver" <lonemail<NOSPAM>@iprimus.com.au> )
    Wrote

    > How good is the video feature on the Canon A70 and is the A80 likely to be
    > better???
    >
    > LR

    The A-70 lets you take 30 second video clips at 640x480, and clips of
    indefinite length of lower resolutions (320x240 0r 160x120). Video has
    sound. The A-80 will not allow the hi res video, only the two lower
    resolutions, so its video is in fact a step backward.

    Alan Brennan, Sep 2, 2003

  3. LoneRiver

    J Guest

    why does Canon do this?
    didn't they do the same thing with the Canon S230 and S400?

    J, Sep 2, 2003
  4. LoneRiver

    StefanoA Guest

    > The A-70 lets you take 30 second video clips at 640x480, and clips of
    > indefinite length of lower resolutions (320x240 0r 160x120). Video has
    > sound. The A-80 will not allow the hi res video, only the two lower
    > resolutions, so its video is in fact a step backward.

    Does someone know why higher level/resolution cameras from Canon can't take
    movies in 640x480? I own a S50, it makes great pictures, but I'd really like
    to know why its maximum resolution is only 320x240x15fps..

    Stefano

    StefanoA, Sep 2, 2003
  5. LoneRiver

    Todd Howard Guest

    The Canon will not let you take infinite lengths....regardless of the
    resolution, it will stop after 3 minutes of video...
    TH

    Todd Howard, Sep 2, 2003
  6. LoneRiver

    colinco Guest

    In article <v105b.881963$>,
    says...
    > The Canon will not let you take infinite lengths....regardless of the
    > resolution, it will stop after 3 minutes of video...

    3 minutes of some videos can seem like an eternity :)

    colinco, Sep 3, 2003
  7. LoneRiver

    Todd Howard Guest

    LOL So true...