    alot of purple fringing. Is there any tricks to minimizing the amount of
    fringing I get.
    Thanks RickB

    Rick, Nov 14, 2004

  2. Rick

    JohnR Guest

    If you have PhotoShop, I believe downloadable filters have been made for
    this. I wonder if there is something else out there that does it?
    John

    JohnR, Nov 14, 2004

  3. A very effective Chromic Aberration Reduction function is built into Paint
    Shop Pro 9.

    David

    David J Taylor, Nov 14, 2004
  4. Rick

    Ron Joiner Guest

    Does version 8 have it David?

    Ron Joiner, Nov 14, 2004
  5. Rick

    Renee Guest

    Rick,

    Does your camera allow manual adjustment of the aperture setting? Courtesy
    of Sleeperman, here's his tip for minimizing the amount of purple fringing
    you get in the first place:

    It can be reduced by closing the aperture by one or two values
    (using a higher F-stop value).

    The original post pertains to a different Canon model, but it should work on
    yours as well.

    Renee

    Renee, Nov 15, 2004
  6. No, it's one of the reasons to upgrade to V9, the other being the Digitcal
    Camera Noise Reduction function, which also works very effectively.

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, Nov 15, 2004
  7. I'm pretty much sold on PSP so I think it may be worthwhile to upgrade.

    Rockin Ronnie, Nov 15, 2004