    I suppose if I ran the camera in full auto mode all the time this
    wouldn't be a problem, but I do like to fiddle, which is why I bought that
    particular model after all.

    Bert Hyman, Sep 30, 2003

  2. Bert Hyman

    Ben T. Cohen Guest

    The A60 is only a 2 megapixel camera. That does not even give you 300
    PPI for 4X^ prints, which is considered photo quality. I hate cheap
    assholes like you who spend a hundred or $200 to buy a cheap digital
    camera so you look cool at the beach. Then you go leave it in the sun
    and ruin it. Serves you right, asshole.

    Ben T. Cohen, Oct 1, 2003

  3. Bert Hyman

    Don Coon Guest

    Boy, aren't you a great gentleman?
    He didn't say he left it in the sun and ruined it. He said the LCD display
    is useless in bright sunlight which is a problem common to many digicams.

    FYI, a 2MP camera (1600x1200) will give you 266ppi for a 4x6 print which is
    considered very good to excellent although purists will insist on 300ppi.
    My 2MP Nikon 950 produced more than adequate 8x10s and very good 5x7s. On
    line print services consider 128ppi as adequate.

    Why do you "hate" someone you don't even know simply because they spend $200
    to buy a cheap digicam -- probably NOT simply to look "cool" at the beach?

    Sounds like you've got a lot of gowing up to do : (

    Don Coon, Oct 1, 2003
  4. Bert Hyman

    Bert Hyman Guest

    In
    I think you've been left out in the sun too long; youre certainly ruined.

    I wasn't aware that the pixel count of the camera sensor had some effect
    on the external LCD image.

    Are you suggesting that the LCD on the essentially identical A70 would
    work better?

    And, are you claiming that you know for what use I purchased and use my
    A60?

    Bert Hyman, Oct 1, 2003
  5. Bert Hyman

    Buster Guest

    Hoods are available to shade the LCD. Some even have a diopter built
    into them to magnify the image. This might help you.
    Buster

    Buster, Oct 2, 2003