    the print perfect.
    But, what is the easiest and quickest way to do it within the camera? Adding
    exposure time? Using spot metering?

    bbford, Aug 29, 2005

  2. bbford

    tbm Guest

    I'm a new owner of a Canon A520. I like the camera, its features and I
    especially like its small size. I have one complaint, the photos tend to be
    slightly dark. It does not matter if I'm indoors or outdoors. I've been
    using Photoshop Elements 3 and can lighten up the shadows slightly and make
    the print perfect.
    try adding some exposure compensation,like 1/3rd,1/2 a stop to your pic.this will highlight the details slightly in the
    shadows/darker area's.rgds to all from TBM...

    tbm, Aug 29, 2005

  3. bbford

    bugbear Guest

    I'm slightly surprised at this - I have a a510 and
    it's normally OK.

    Of course, any metering system can be "fooled"
    by images beyond it's design concepts. I don't know
    what images you're taking.

    Anyway - your camera has "exposure compensation"
    in every shooting mode except full auto.

    So just turn it to + 1/3 or + 2/3
    and see how ya get on.

    BugBear

    bugbear, Aug 31, 2005