Canon A310 or Olympus D-395?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Fred, Aug 6, 2004.

  1. Fred

    Fred Guest

    I lost my 35mm film snapshot camera. I have many other cameras, but need
    one for carrying around and snapshots. Going digital this time.

    I do have an old Canon A40. It is too big and heavy for the use I want. My
    camera must fit in breast pocket of shirt.

    The A40 takes outstanding pictures.

    I am hoping to get the picture quality of the A40.

    My choices so far are the Canon A310 or Olympus D-395. I already have some
    Compact Flash cards, and that is what the A320 takes. The Olympus takes the
    xD Picture cards.

    I have bought the Olympus because of it's simplicity and front cover. But I
    am a bit disappointed at picture quality. It also takes a long time between
    shots...does some processing I guess. Not happy with that either. I have
    30 days to return it.

    Does anyone know about the Canon A320? Good picture quality??? Anyone have
    any comparisons between the two???

    Any comments on these two cameras would be appreciated. Or even suggestions
    of other camera brands or models under $150.

    Fred

    Fred, Aug 6, 2004

  2. Fred

    YoYo Guest