    Please somebody reply?

    Thanks in advance,
    Srinivas

    Srinivas, Aug 19, 2005

  2. Srinivas

    Mark² Guest

    Max 3 minutes...not 30 secs.
    According to:
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Canon/canon_a310.asp

    Mark

    Mark², Aug 19, 2005

  3. What does the manual say? Canon is usually pretty good about including
    this sort of detail in their manuals. And you have an A310 manual,
    while most of us do not.

    Dave

    Dave Martindale, Aug 19, 2005
  4. Srinivas

    Srinivas Guest

    Manual gave very less info regarding Video capturing. It just gave a
    indication that video recording can depend on memory size, but did not
    tell authentically. So, I want to get info from some A310 users, who
    have used this earlier.

    Srinivas, Aug 19, 2005
  5. Srinivas

    imp Guest

    From pg. 146 of the manual:

    "The maximum movie clip length is 640x480: 30 sec, 320x240: 3 min,
    160x120: 3 min. The times shown are the maximum continous recording times."

    On pg. 145, there's a chart that shows the total capacity for the
    various formats. For example, with a 512 MB card at 640x480 movie mode,
    the total capacity is 11 min 42 sec. In other words, twenty-three 30 sec
    clips plus one 12 sec clip.

    imp, Aug 19, 2005
  6. Srinivas

    Srinivas Guest

    Thanks 'imp'. That's a very useful info.

    Srinivas, Aug 19, 2005
  7. Srinivas

    Mark² Guest

    I gave you the answer 31 minutes ago.

    Mark

    Mark², Aug 19, 2005
  8. Srinivas

    tomcas Guest

    Like the others said, a bigger card will not increase the individual
    video recording time. However, there is a firmware hack that will extend
    the 640 x 480 record time from 30 secs to 3 minutes. I did it on my A70
    and it worked like a champ.

    tomcas, Aug 19, 2005
  9. Srinivas

    tomcas Guest

    The question was specifically for VGA resolution. You probably didn't
    see Imps response detailing that. In any case it is 30 seconds and many
    A models can be extended successfully to 3 minutes by hacking the
    firmware, thanks to Jukka and Alex.

    http://nostromo.dynalias.org/canonhacking/

    tomcas, Aug 20, 2005
  10. Srinivas

    Mark² Guest

    My goof.
    Can you ever forgive me?
    :)

    Mark², Aug 20, 2005
  11. Srinivas

    Bill Funk Guest

    Bill Funk, Aug 20, 2005
  12. Srinivas

    tomcas Guest

    The "specs" you linked to are not direct from the manufacturer but
    instead have been re-written by the review site. This probably explains
    why a movie resolution of 640 x 480 is not even listed, hence the lack
    of a 30 second time limit. I'm confident that if dpreview were asked,
    they would probably say the the manufacturers manual I linked to is correct.

    tomcas, Aug 21, 2005