    great reviews. I need some help putting the two into perspective.

    TIA

    Terry

    Terry, Nov 18, 2005

  2. Terry

    George Mann Guest

    (Terry) wrote in 3112.bay.webtv.net:
    The Canon is good, but the Casio Z series offers good picture quality and
    bigger LCD's.

    George Mann, Nov 18, 2005

  3. Terry

    salgud Guest

    I just purchased an A520 about 6 wks ago, and am very happy with it. I
    purchased it mainly based on the quality of pix and that it had a lot
    of options so it can be a simple P&S or a fully manual camera. The few
    flaws I've found with it would fall into the category of "nitpicking".
    That said, it may not be the right camera for you. If your vision is
    poor, you may not be able to tell the difference in the pix. Depends on
    how much you can correct your vision. Both are good names and make good
    cameras. Sounds to me like you just need to sit down and prioritize
    your needs in a camera, then decide which one fits best.
    Hope this helps in your world.

    salgud, Nov 18, 2005
  4. Terry

    ASAAR Guest

    I have no direct experience with either camera, but I'm quite sure
    that the one would be able to notice Olympus's "not so good-grainy
    pictures" only if very large (greater than 8" x 10") prints were
    made using a very good printer, and examined by someone with very
    good vision. If you actually had both cameras to use for an
    extended period, the one you'd end up preferring to use would no
    doubt tend to be based on other factors, such as ease of use,
    convenience, battery life, how it "feels" in your hands, etc. For
    instance, while the A520 is a nice camera, and I consider its use of
    two AA batteries to be a factor in its favor, from reviews I've
    read, the slightly larger newer models from Canon (A610, A620), due
    to using 4 AA batteries and other improvements, focus faster and
    more accurately, and in general perform better than the A510, A520
    when there's less than an ideal amount of available light.

    ASAAR, Nov 18, 2005
  5. Terry

    tomm101 Guest

    Terry,
    I was looking at the A 520, but found the A610 for $239, coupon
    discount at Dell, 5mp instead of 4, and I believe a little more zoom
    (4X). Looked like a better deal, buying it for my son, who will say
    "what only 5mp?" Also looked at the Casio Z50, tiny camera with a big
    LCD. Compared them on Imaging Resource, liked the Canon a little
    better. Also it is enough bigger that my son won't loose it under his
    jeans. I also like having a viewfinder, for most shots it helps you
    with steadiness, and gives you an idea of what the subject is doing
    during the exposure. From and old rangefinder user.

    Tom

    tomm101, Nov 18, 2005
  6. Terry

    salgud Guest

    Zoom is the same (4x optical) on both cameras

    salgud, Nov 18, 2005
  7. Terry

    salgud, Nov 18, 2005