    Is there any problem with using NiMH?

    Does anyone know anything about PowerEx batteries?

    TIA

    Bill, May 30, 2004

  2. I have been using Energizer 2300 mAh cells (NiMH) with my 550EX with really
    good results. Got them at Wal Mart.

    Charles Schuler, May 30, 2004

  3. Bill

    Mark B. Guest

    No problem with NiMH. I use them in my Canon 420EX & Sigma EF-500 Super.
    No experience with PowerEx, but they should be fine.

    Mark

    Mark B., May 31, 2004
  4. I have several brands of nihm's. The powerex's I have are great. I like GP's
    the best followed closely by Lenmar.

    Ty

    Tyrone Jackson, May 31, 2004
  5. Bill

    Lionel Guest

    None at all. You also get better cycle times with NiMH, compared to
    standard batteries.

    Lionel, May 31, 2004
  6. Bill

    Mark M Guest

    NiMh are superior to either of the other two.
    You will get FAR faster flash-to-flash times with a set of good NiMh over
    Alkaline, and won't have the need to drain the batteries fully before
    recharging them as you do with NiCds.

    Mark M, May 31, 2004
  7. Bill

    Pedro Guest

    I only use NiMh no problems its a fantastic flash
    Pedro

    Pedro, Jun 1, 2004
  8. Bill

    JIM Guest

    Yes. Two sets, excellent.

    Shoot'em up, w/batteries/wo, Agfa, Fuji, Kodak and all the rest will love
    you for it!!

    Jim

    JIM, Jun 1, 2004